ATLANTA – The Joint Study Committee on Prescription of Medical Cannabis for Serious Medical Conditions will hold its next meeting TOMORROW, Wednesday, October 1, 2014 from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. at Georgia Gwinnett College in Lawrenceville.
At this meeting, the committee will hear testimony and input from various individuals who work with law enforcement.
The agenda includes the following speakers:
· Terry Norris, Executive Director Georgia Sheriff’s Association
· Wiley Griffin, Decatur County Sheriff
· John Cary Bittick, Monroe County Sheriff
· Ellen Gerstein, Gwinnett Coalition for Health
· Frank Rotondo, Executive Director, Georgia Association of Police Chiefs
· Major Neil Franklin, Executive Director, Law Enforcement Against Prohibition
· Jack Killorin, Director, Atlanta HIDTA, GBI
· Chief Dennis Bell, Georgia Peace Officers Association
· Danny Porter, Gwinnett District Attorney, Prosecuting Attorney’s Council
· Dr. Gregg Raduka, Director of Prevention, Council on Alcohol and Drugs
The Joint Study Committee on Prescription of Medical Cannabis for Serious Medical Conditions is co-chaired by State Representative Allen Peake (R – Macon) and State Senator Renee Unterman (R – Buford). The joint study committee is tasked with studying the effects of the extracts and compounds of cannabis as a medical treatment to determine if it is appropriate to enact legislation that will allow for the prescription of medical cannabis. The Prescription of Medical Cannabis for Serious Medical Conditions Joint Study Committee was created by SR 981 following the 2014 legislative session.
Please click here for a tentative meeting agenda, and for more information on SR 981, please click here.
WHO: Rep. Allen Peake (R – Macon), Co-Chair
Sen. Renee Unterman (R – Buford), Co-Chair
Sen. Dean Burke (R – Bainbridge)
Sen. Butch Miller (R – Gainesville)
Sen. Curt Thompson (D – Tucker)
Rep. Rich Golick (R – Smyrna)
Rep. Micah Gravley (R – Douglasville)
Rep. Margaret Kaiser (D – Atlanta)
WHAT: Joint Study Committee Prescription of Medical Cannabis for Serious Medical Conditions Meeting
WHEN: Wednesday, October 1, 2014 – 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
WHERE: Georgia Gwinnett College
Large Venue Interactive Space (LVIS) in the Student Center
1000 University Center Ln, Lawrenceville, GA 30043